It’s National Cookie Month and this Sunday, October 28th, happens to be National Cookie Day… So in honor of these random cookie holidays I thought I’d share one of my favorite cookie recipes: Oatmeal Cookies with Salted Peanut Butter Chips. (Yum!)
Oatmeal Cookies with Salted Peanut Butter Chips
Makes 2 dozen cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Preheat over to 375-degrees.
- Cream together butter and both sugars in a medium bow.
- Mix in eggs and then the vanilla.
- In a separate bow, mix together baking soda, salt, cinnamon and flour.
- Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture until combined.
- Add in oats.
- Mix in peanut butter chips.
- Scoop teaspoon-sized balls of dough onto greased cookie sheets and press the balls flat using a fork.
- Sprinkle less-than-a-pinch of coarse salt over each cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
I suggest serving these cookies as dessert after chowing down on my Stuffed Bell Peppers. It’s the perfect date-night duo since the Stuffed Peppers won’t leave you feeling bloated and the cookies will smell your place with a lovely cinnamon scent… Can you say fall?
Are you going to give these cookies a try? What’s your favorite type of cookie?