Quinoa is like tofu. It doesn’t have much flavor until you add ingredients. It could be a breakfast food with cinnamon and sugar or a spicy Mexican dish like this recipe. It’s also uber healthy with a good amount of fiber and protein.
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 can black beans (drained rinsed)
- 1 can corn (drained)
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1/4 fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- pinch salt to taste
1. Bring the water to a boil and add quinoa.
2. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
3. Cook for about 12 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
4. Add beans, corn, red pepper, jalapeno, and cilantro.
5. Stir in olive oil, lime juice, cumin, hot sauce, and salt.
6. Serve warm or chilled.
Contributed by: Umbrella Drink