This recipe is from our friends at Martha Stewart Living. Once a month we’ll share our favorite Martha Stewart Living recipe here on LaurenConrad.com for all of you to try. Today’s recipe is a delicious dish that’s perfect for a midsummer treat!
For The Filling
- 6 cups (3 pints) blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
For The Topping
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (or chopped nuts, such as almonds)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Make the filling: Mix blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and salt in a bowl. Transfer to an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Make the topping: Stir together flour, oats, baking powder, and salt. Cream butter and sugar in a mixer until pale and fluffy. Stir dry ingredients into butter. Using your hands, squeeze topping pieces together into clumps.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over filling. Bake until bubbling in center and brown on top, about 1 hour. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool for 30 minutes before serving.
Special thanks to Martha Stewart Living for sharing this fabulous recipe with us today!XO Team LaurenConrad.com
You might also like…
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2009