As you may already know from reading my post about flower arranging, I think it’s a talent that every lady ought to know how to do. For my newest edition of Crafty Creations, I’ll be showing you how to put together a picture perfect bouquet in a snap. Enjoy!
Are you ready to give flower arranging a try? Before you give it a go, follow these five simple tips for creating a lovely, long-lasting arrangement:
- Think Outside the Vase. Just as I mentioned in the video above, some of the prettiest bouquets are those placed in unexpected vessels. A few of my favorites include pitchers, teacups, and kiddish cups.
- Stabilize. Another way to keep your posies in place is by lining the bottom of the vase with pebbles, sea glass or even seashells. This way you can stick stems into the little groves.
- Snip Your Stems. Keep your flowers healthy and make them last by cutting each stem at a 45-degree angle before placing it in your vase. This allows the flowers to absorb the most water possible. Make your bouquet last a little longer by snipping the stems every few days.
- Make Your Flowers Last Longer. This is a tried-and-true trick that helps freshly cut flowers last longer: Place a crushed up aspirin in the water before adding your flowers. Other things you can add for extended floral life include a teaspoon of sugar, a pinch of salt mixed with baking soda, a copper penny (Who knew?!), a multivitamin, a splash of clear soda such as Sprite, or even a mixture of two tablespoons apple cider vinegar and two tablespoons of sugar.
- Consider Placement. Where you put your arrangement is as important as what you put in the water. Keep your pretty petals off televisions and appliances, out of direct sunlight, and away from especially hot or cold drafts.
Which of your favorite flowers are you going to include in your arrangement?