What girl doesn’t want to add another fabulous pair of shoes to her collection? I always look at the changing of seasons as the perfect excuse to stock my closet with a few new must-haves and this summer, it’s all about sandals, flats, and wedges of course. Footwear is a great way to incorporate current trends into your wardrobe; it’s an affordable alternative for girls on a budget and thanks to everyone’s favorite fast fashion stores, our options are endless.
For boardwalk to beach activities opt for a cute pair of sandals with a fun design or bright color like vibrant neons and creamy pastels. For a casual comfy look ideal for running around your summer job, go with a great pair of flats. During my summer internship, flats were a daily must-have due to my ladder climbing and window display styling; I found flats to be the best way to show off my style while still wearing functional footwear. For dressier occasions try rocking a fabulous wedge, which will provide you with the comfort of a sandal while giving the platform height we all love.
Comfort is key when shopping for your summer shoes, don’t choose a wedge that’s too tall for you, or a tight flat that you hope you can break in. These three essential styles will have you strutting through summer with your best foot forward, no matter what your summer plans may be!
Below are some of my favorite shoes for summer…
- Add a dash of style to a pair of denim shorts with these H&M flower sandals.
- Nothing dazzles more then a pair of jeweled sandals likes these by Fibi & Clo. Pair these with a sundress for a chic summer ensemble.
- These Forever21 rosette sandals are the perfect compliment to your favorite summer pastel pieces.
- Lovely lavender tones look amazing next to a bronze summer tan; try rocking these Le Bunny Bleu ballet flats this season.
- I love multi-colored shoes because they look fabulous with color blocked ensembles and these striped Frock Candy ballet flats are summery perfection.
- Every girl needs a classically simple pair of ballet flats that can easily be thrown on with any outfit and these Forever21 woven flats are both stylish and classic.
- These stunning Zara wedges are perfect to pair with a mini dress for a girls night out.
- I love these navy criss-cross Zappos wedges which would be the perfect compliment to a sundress, maxi skirt or even your summer skinnies.
- These printed H&M peep toe wedges will add a dash of summer fun to your colorful poolside ensembles.