This recipe is from our friends at Martha Stewart Living. Once a month we’ll share our favorite Martha Stewart Living recipe here on LaurenConrad.com for all of you to try. Today’s recipe is one of the easiest ways to serve a quick, delicious dinner.
- 1 pound medium asparagus
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 small tomatoes, such as red, Green Zebra, or yellow, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
- 3/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 6 one-half-inch-thick slices country-style bread, crust on, torn into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Snap off and discard the tough ends of asparagus. Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil; prepare an ice bath. Cook asparagus until bright green and just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer immediately to ice bath. Drain; place on a clean kitchen towel.
- In a large bowl, combine asparagus, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, olives, capers, and bread; toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together red-wine vinegar and olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Pour vinaigrette over asparagus mixture, and toss until well coated. Let sit until bread absorbs juices, and serve.
Are you going to give this recipe a try?
For a healthier spin on this dish, nix the bread entirely and add more vegetables instead.
Special thanks to Martha Stewart Living for sharing this fabulous recipe with us today!
XO Team LaurenConrad.com
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 1999