As if the spring runways didn’t make it clear enough, “Tangerine Tango” is the color of the year according to Pantone. (Side Note: Pantone is known as the worldwide authority on all things color. So it has to be true!) From Elie Saab and Jill Stuart to Peter Som, Nanette Lepore, Charlotte Ronson and Diane von Furstenberg–orange was the statement color of the season too. While I love this bright punchy shade, I have to admit it is not the easiest color to pull off. Especially head-to-toe. That said, instead of drenching yourself in shades of tangerine, stay on trend by adding just a touch of tango!
Below are a few of my favorite tangerine pieces along with tips on how to style each one into your existing wardrobe…
- Pair a LWD with some flashy tangerine t-strap platforms like these beauties from Zara.
- You don’t necessarily have to wear the tangerine trend–you can carry it too. This chic wallet from American Apparel is the perfect fashion-forward accessory for spring and summer.
- Pair a lightweight tangerine blouse, like this one from American Apparel, with cropped pants or layer it over a fitted dress and cinch the waist.
- Layer on a cute cardigan like this one from H&M for a laid-back take on the trend.
- Make a statement with a bold melon necklace like this one from J.Crew.
- If you’re hesitant to try the tango trend, start by glossing your nails with an orange polish. Nail polish is my favorite way to test-drive new colors.
- Get shorty with tangerine cutoffs like these by J Brand. Pair them with a neutral top or color-block with a contrasting solid colored blouse.
- Add a taste of tango by sporting these gorgeous stud earrings by Elizabeth and James. The unexpected pop of color is sure to liven up any outfit.
- Pull off two trends with one top by wearing this adorable tank from Zara. The tangerine hue and peplum detail are a seriously stylish combination. Talk about a fashionable one-two-punch…
- Tango to the beach in an itsy-bitsy tangerine bikini like this one from J.Crew. I love the polka dot versions too!
All in all, this juicy orange hue is a great way to revamp your closet for spring and summer. If you feel like your wardrobe has gone a bit stale, try adding in one or two citrus infused pieces for an instant update. And remember, it only takes a touch to tango…
Which tangerine piece is your favorite?