With warmer temps in full swing and shorter hemlines on the horizon, here are a few of my personal tips for getting your stems spring and summer ready…
- Exfoliate, exfoliate! I recommend Fresh’s Brown Sugar Body Polish or making your own. A great scrub will slough away dead skin cells, leaving your legs polished and primed for increased moisturizer absorption. To make your own, simply mix together olive oil and sea salt with a squeeze of lemon juice until it’s a thick paste.
- Moisturize. Twice a day–once in the morning (after you shower) and once at night before bed.
- Be mindful. Especially with what you put in your body! Before a big event and during the summer season I aim to really cut down my intake of salt and refined sugars. Staying hydrated is also really important if you want to reduce bloating and water retention.
- Lunge, lift and squat. To keep your legs lovely year round, get in the habit of squeezing in a few sets of lunges, leg lifts and squats every day. This will totally pay off come summertime.
- Keep it tan. Nothing slims your legs like a great tan! My favorite sunless tanner is by Kate Somerville, but I hear L’Oreal has great options too.
Speaking of sunless tanners, what’s your go-to sunless tanning product?