The things you keep on your coffee table say a lot about who you are and where you’ve been. And mine is a pretty good example of this… Coffee tables are the centerpieces of most homes. It’s a place where friends and family gather round to catch up, unwind and unplug. In a way, the coffee table truly is the pinnacle locale for socializing within the home (aside from the dinner table, of course). That said, I thought it would be fun to share what’s on my coffee table at my Paper Crown office. Take a look:
- D.L. & Co. candle in Peony Delight. I adore these candles. The scent is lovely and not too overwhelming. I usually buy them on sale when they are on One Kings Lane or Gilt.
- Yves Saint Lauren: Style. Aside from the fact that I adore the cover, the contents are simply breathtaking.
- In Vogue: The Illustrated History of the World’s Most Famous Fashion Magazine. If you’re a fashion enthusiast like me, this book is essential to your collection. When I’m feeling uninspired, I love to flip through the pages and get lost in the Diana Vreeland era…
- Mercury glass votives. I’ve always had a special place in my heart for mercury glass. There’s something so charming yet simple about it. I found mine at a flea market. Cheap and chic.
- Vintage glass tray. I love picking up pieces from local flea markets such as my glass tray. I keep candles and other miscellaneous trinkets on it since it makes the tabletop look less cluttered and more organized.
Capturing your style sense in a coffee table may seem intimidating. For that reason, I’ve put together a little guide to help you master the art of creating a perfectly personalized tablescape. Here’s what you should keep in mind:
- Ambience is everything so keep a few of your favorite candles on deck.
- Add a few decorative accessories that reflect your personal style. Pieces from your recent travels are always a good idea.
- Keep things organized in a tray.
- Pile on a few of your favorite books. Not only are they lovely to page through from time to time, they will also likely spark conversation when guests are in tow.
What’s on your coffee table?
Snap a photo and upload it to your LaurenConrad.com profile page. Click “Submit this photo” for a chance to be featured on the site!