This recipe is from our friends at Martha Stewart Living. Once a month we’ll share our favorite Martha Stewart Living recipe here on LaurenConrad.com for all of you to try. Today’s recipe is a cheesy dish that’s perfect for lunch and dinner. Enjoy and happy cooking!
Not sure what to cook for your friends or for that special someone? Here’s a simple yet tasty recipe that will leave your guests asking for more.
- 1 pound whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella
- Fresh Lasagna Noodles, cut into 4-by-13-inch strips and cooked, or store bought dried noodles, cooked
- 5 ounces coarsely grated Parmesan cheese, (about 1 3/4 cups)
- Preheat oven to 375. Combine ricotta, egg, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl. Season with pepper. Coarsely grate 1/2 of the mozzarella, and stir into ricotta mixture. Using your fingers, shred remaining mozzarella into 2-inch strips, and reserve.
- Spread 1/2 cup marinara in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Place a layer of noodles over marinara. Spread 1/3 of the ricotta mixture over noodles, and sprinkle with 1/3 of the Parmesan. Place a layer of noodles over the cheese layer. Spread 1 cup marinara over noodles. Repeat layering (noodles, marinara, noodles, ricotta mixture, Parmesan) 2 more times. Spread remaining marinara over cheese layer, then sprinkle with shredded mozzarella.
- Place baking dish on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until cheese is golden brown and sauce is bubbling, 45 to 50 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Doesn’t this sound delicious?
Are you going to give this cheesy recipe a try?
Special thanks to Martha Stewart Living for sharing this fabulous recipe with us today!
XO Team LaurenConrad.com
Source: Martha Stewart Living, October 2008