This recipe is from our friends at Martha Stewart Living. Once a month we’ll share our favorite Martha Stewart Living recipe here on LaurenConrad.com for all of you to try. Today’s recipe is a delicious sweet that’s perfect for Valentine’s Day. Enjoy and happy cooking!
Transform chocolate brownies into decadent cupcakes for a Valentine’s Day sweet certain to induce a smile. They’re perfect for an office party for 20 or a quiet dinner for two.
- Vegetable oil, cooking spray
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 12 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Basic Buttercream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Coat an 8-inch square cake pan with cooking spray, line bottom with parchment, then spray parchment.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Place butter and chocolate in a heatproof mixer bowl set over a pot of simmering water, stirring until chocolate melts.
- Attach bowl to mixer, add sugar, and whisk on medium-high speed until smooth, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla. Reduce speed to low, and add flour mixture.
- Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full. Spread remaining batter in square pan. Bake until set but still soft, about 18 minutes. Let cool in tins and pan on wire racks.
- Frost cupcakes with buttercream. Cut out 24 hearts from brownie in pan using a 1 1/2-inch heart-shaped cutter. Top each cupcake with a heart.
Don’t these sound divine? And they are pretty simple to make too!
Are you going to bake these up for your Valentine today?
Special thanks to Martha Stewart Living for sharing this fabulous recipe with us today!
XO Team LaurenConrad.com
Source: Martha Stewart Living, February 2009