How many of you save the cork after finishing a bottle of wine? If you do, you’re in luck because today’s DIY Gift Guide craft is just the project for you: Cork Coasters! They make for excellent presents for all the winos in your life. Or, tie them onto a nice bottle of wine for a simple yet thoughtful host gift. Below are instructions on how to make cork coasters.
Makes 2 coasters
Here’s what you will need…
- 16 corks (Make sure they are all equal in size as some corks are a tiny bit bigger than others.)
- hot glue gun + clear glue
- Lay out all of your corks and group together similar size corks for each coaster.
- Using a hot glue gun, glue together eight corks in pairs of two. Make sure to apply glue in thin linear strips to avoid excess glue running over the sides.
- Once the glue has dried, lay out paired corks in alternating pattern as shown in photo #3. Then glue paired corks together.
- Allow glue to dry for one minute and voila, you have yourself an adorable little coaster.
Are you going to give this DIY a try?