One of the lovely members here on LaurenConrad.com, Julia Longueville, runs a deliciously fun blog called Hazelnut where she chronicles her cooking. Julia recently uploaded one of the fantastic recipes from her blog to her LaurenConrad.com profile. And let me tell you, this is a must-make recipe for fall: Chipotle Pumpkin Soup. Julia describes it as “a sweet and spicy pumpkin soup,” which is “sure to impress your friends and taste buds!” The recipe is full of flavor, veggies and it’s low in fat. Give Julia’s pumpkin soup a try and let me know what you think…
- 1 tablespoon of garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 chiles en adobo, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 5 cups of pumpkin puree
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 cup of milk
- 4 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt or sour cream for serving
- Sautee garlic and onion in large soup pan until soft and fragrant.
- Add chiles en adobo and cumin. Toss to combine.
- Add pumpkin, vegetable stock and milk. Blend with immersion blender (or transfer in batches to a regular blender and return to pot).
- Cover and let simmer for 20-30 minutes. Ladle into bowls and serve with a drizzle of nonfat yogurt.
- Serve and enjoy!
What’s your favorite fall soup recipe?