Is it your first year hosting Thanksgiving dinner? Or are you simply helping the folks prepare? Here are a few tips to make Thanksgiving dinner easy breezy and stress-free:
- Confirm your guest list before you go shopping.
- Figure out what size turkey you need for your group. Figure 2 pounds per person. For instance, 10 people = 20 pound turkey.
- Pick your recipes and prepare your shopping lists ASAP.
- Go shopping for all non-perishable goods this weekend and buy the turkey too.
- Start defrosting the turkey three to four days ahead of time depending on the weight.
- It’s a good idea to set the table a few days before. Check out the photos I included below for place setting inspiration.
- The day before Thanksgiving: Go shopping for all perishable goods. Prepare all sauces, soups and vegetable plates too. If you have time, prep dessert as well.
- On the day of Thanksgiving: Cook the turkey, make the stuffing and finish preparing all plates. Things may (and most likely will) go wrong so be prepared for slipups and take it all with a grain of salt. Mistakes will happen and it’s up to you to make the best of them.
If you’re in need of some Thanksgiving-themed table inspiration (that’s a mouth full), check out these beautiful place settings I found…
I hope you found these tips helpful. If you have any useful tips, share them in the comments below.
Ever had a Thanksgiving go fabulously awry? Share your funny story in the comments below. I’ll feature the best tale in a Member Spotlight post!