All hail to the rise of the LWD! What is this “LWD” I speak of? The little white dress, of course. The LWD is one of the summer’s most key pieces. It was spotted all over the spring/summer and resort runways and is the perfect staple to any girls’ closet. There are dozens of different takes on this trend: Ralph Lauren’s lace minis, Calvin Klein’s clean cut sheaths, Chloe’s flirty frocks, Chanel’s delicate dresses… the list goes on! When selecting a LWD, make sure you pick something with a classic cut. This way, you can style it for a variety of occasions. The great thing about white is that it looks good on everyone and a simple LWD is versatile beyond belief…
Below I have listed 10 simple ways to style your LWD this summer:
- Get edgy. Style your LWD with a leather jacket. Accessorize with a studded cross-body bag and strappy sandals or booties for a play on the rocker chick look.
- Make a statement. Try a beautiful statement necklace and some strappy platform heels. It’s a simple yet chic look that’s perfect for mid-summer parties. Bump up the fab-factor by wearing your hair down with a hint of vintage.
- Casual cool. For a laidback look, pull on a relaxed denim jacket and finish off with platform wooden sandals. Leave your tresses a little undone with these Everyday Waves.
- Layer it. Layer over a loose tank, a long necklace and a cropped jacket. Pair with heels for an office friendly summer ensemble or strappy flat sandals for a more casual look.
- Brighten up. Add a splash of summer’s hottest trend: neon. I suggest piling on a day-glow bangle or necklace or cinching your waist with a bright belt. Punchy hued sandals are also a fun way to liven up a LWD.
- Go boho. Wear a lightweight scarf, a neutral cross-body bag, strappy sandals and some bright coral lipstick for a fresh weekend look that’s perfect for a sunny Saturday.
- Get fancy. Make your LWD nighttime friendly with a black blazer, patent leather peep-toe heels, an oversize black envelope clutch and some seriously red lips.
- Business. Pair your LWD with a crisp blazer (bright colors are especially great for summer), a thin belt and strappy heels. This look is perfect for the office. For an added dose of sophistication, wear your hair in a Ballerina Bun.
- Crop it. Wear a cropped denim or white vest over your LWD. It adds the perfect bit of edge without going over the top. Carry a print clutch and sport some nude flat sandals for an easy on-the-go outfit.
- Stay on the fringe. Add a draped jacket, a leather fringe bag, camel colored heels, a loose side-braid and natural makeup for a modern take on cowboy cool.
Never thought one dress could go so many ways, did you?
When it comes to filling your closet, aim for pieces that multitask. When you have a selection of great basics, it’s easier to layer and style it into new looks. The LWD is a prime example of versatile clothing.
Will you be sporting a LWD this summer?