Tomorrow I’m hosting my annual 4th of July party… While researching snacks and desserts to serve at my BBQ, I came across this adorable idea for chocolate dipped marshmallows on a stick (or as I call them, Sprinkles on a Stick). For those of you scrambling to put something together for a 4th of July barbeque, this is a great option. It’s simple, delicious and can be made in minutes!
Sprinkles on a Stick
I found this idea on Whimsical Creations (which is a very cute blog, by the way). They are quick and easy to make and the recipe only calls for a few simple ingredients.
Here’s what you will need…
- melting chocolate (most grocery stores sell microwaveable dipping chocolate in the produce section)
- kebob skewers or lollipop sticks
- Put a skewer stick into each marshmallow.
- Dip each marshmallow into melted dipping chocolate.
- Roll freshly dipped chocolate covered marshmallow in sprinkles (covering all chocolate).
- Let chocolate dipped skewers cool on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper in the fridge until chocolate is firm.
For a pretty presentation, fill a mason jar half full with seashells (dry rice, confetti, pebbles or coffee beans work too) and stick the skewers into the jar. Tie a bow around the lip of the jar… and voila–you have a Martha Stewart worthy treat to share for the 4th!
If you decide to give these a try, snap a photo of your feat! Upload the photo to your LaurenConrad.com profile page and link the image in the comments below.
Need help uploading and posting photos? Click here to learn how. It’s easy!