Party planning is a lot like designing a party dress. Like a dress, a party must be made with the appropriate materials (menu, location, guest list), tailored to the occasion (theme) and topped off with the perfect finishing touches. I call these finishing touches, “party sequins.” Like a sequin, thoughtful decoration details add an unexpected luster to an otherwise ordinary event.
My mom recently stumbled upon a charming party sequin idea. The idea is as simple as it is lovely: hanging glass bottles with flowers in them from twine as party decor. I instantly fell in love with this since I have an annual 4th of July party at my beach house and always try to incorporate creative details like this into the dÃ©cor.
Putting these pretty hanging bottles together is very simple…
Here’s what you will need…
- vintage glass bottles (you can pick these up at your local flea market)
- fresh cut flowers
- Measure and cut twine according to the height of the area you will be hanging the bottles from. I think hanging them at or slightly below eye level is most effective. Make sure you leave a little extra slack, about 8 inches on each end, for tying.
- Tie one end of the twine onto the neck of the bottle.
- Fill the bottle with as much water as you like. I think it looks best when you vary the amount from bottle to bottle…
- Cut and place your flower into the bottle. I love the idea of mixing different types of flowers, but keeping them all the same color.
- Hang the flowered bottles from a sturdy beam or slat.
Whether you’re planning a big party or a simple brunch, these hanging bottles will add the perfect touch of pretty to any event.
Are you going to give this party sequin idea a try? Or if you have a creative party sequin idea, please share it in the comments below!
P.S. Thanks to ABeachCottage.com for this gorgeous idea!