I have always been a sandwich lover. From peanut butter and jelly to my “world famous” turkey, avocado, tomato stacked sandwich, I can always go for a sandwich. This chicken pita has a zesty, fresh taste that is perfect for lunch. With all the hype around the Hunger Games, I named this dish after my favorite character Peeta Mellark. And at only 6 WW plus points, this is a great lunch staple!
5 min cook | 6 servings | 10 min prep
- Balsamic Vinegar 2 tbsp | sun-dried tomato oil 1.5 tbsp | chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes 1 tbsp | freshly ground black pepper 0.25 tsp | garlic clove
- minced 1 na | shredded cooked chicken (about 3/4 lb) 4 cup | tomatoes
- chopped 1 cup | feta cheese
- crumbled 0.5 cup | fresh basil
- thinly sliced 0.25 cup | kalamata olives
- halved 0.25 cup | whole wheat pitas 6 na
- In a large sized bowl
- combine the balsamic vinegar
- sun-dried tomato oil
- and garlic
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes
- fresh tomatoes
- feta cheese
- and chicken.
- Stuff the mixture into the pitas.