Recipe and instructions to make adorable Hello Kitty cookies! Check out my blog post for more details: http://cupcakes-n-couture.blogspot.com/2011/11/hello-kitty-cookies-recipe-instructions.html
10 min cook | 30 servings | 60 min prep
- room temperature 1 cup | sugar 1 cup | large egg 1 na | vanilla extract 1.5 tsp | flour 3 cup | baking powder 1.5 tsp | salt 0.5 tsp | powdered sugar 1 pound | whole milk 6 tbsp | light corn syrup 6 tbsp | vanilla extract 1 tsp
- For the cookies: Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy - about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl
- combine flour
- baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until completely combined.
- Immediately roll dough out between two sheets of parchment paper and then place on a flat surface in the fridge. Chill for about a half hour.
- Lightly sprinkle flour on your counter top and roll the dough out with a rolling pin. Using your Hello Kitty face shaped cookie cutter
- cut out as many faces as you can. I was able to make about 30 cookies.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes for a nice soft sugar cookie. If you want the cookies to be crispier
- bake for 10-12 minutes.
- For the icing: With a whisk
- combine sugar and milk until smooth with no lumps. Then stir in corn syrup and vanilla extract.
- For the kitty faces: Let cookies cool completely before starting to decorate.
- Separate the icing into three different bowls. Tint one bowl with black