I hope all of you liked my chic summer sandal guide last week. I’ve been having a lot of fun searching for my favorite styles of summer clothing lately, and today I’m sharing 10 chic pairs of shorts that will make you want to start shopping ASAP. Personally, I always like to invest in a pair of ladylike shorts, a pair of denim cutoffs, and a pair of white shorts each summer. And there are several versions of these styles to choose from below.
Take a peek at my summery shorts style guide, and let me know which pair is your favorite…
1. Soft mint chino shorts, J. Crew, $45
2. Printed denim shorts, Rag & Bone Jean, $107.80
3. Scalloped linen shorts, MiH Jeas, $189
4. High waist distressed denim shorts, Current/Elliott, $178
5. Crepe-jacquard shorts, Isabel Marant, $410
6. Distressed denim shorts, LC Lauren Conrad, $30.80
7. Lace shorts, LC Lauren Conrad, $28.80
8. Velocity high wasited short, Tibi, $265
9. Polka-dot distressed denim shorts, LC Lauren Conrad, $30.80
10. Pink jacquard shorts, J. Crew, $168
Like I said before, I would recommend investing in three different types of shorts this season. First, find a pair of trusty denim cut-offs that fit you perfectly. I like my cut-off to hit at an appropriate length (like the Current/Elliott pair above) so that I can wear them at the beach and out to a restaurant for lunch. The next pair I like to have in my summer arsenal are tailored ladylike shorts. I’ve been seeing a lot of ladylike silk shorts lately, like the pink metallic jacquard pair from J. Crew above. The best part about this style of shorts is that they are nice enough to wear out to dinner when paired with a nice top and wedges. You can also make them the focal point of your outfit by choosing a patterned pair. Lastly, white shorts are a summer style essential. Throw them on with any top—even a plain white tee for a white-on-white look. Bonus: They look great with a tan.
What would you like me to feature in my next style guide?
Click the links under the image to shop for your favorite styles!