Memorial Day weekend holds a special place in my heart. Not only does it mark the official beginning of summer, it also means barbecues with family and friends, beach bonfires, and wearing white from head to toe. I also associate long summer weekends with great music. So, I recently asked my friend, DJ Jilly Hendrix, to put together a Memorial Day playlist for me. These tunes are the perfect soundtrack for this upcoming weekend. Check out Jilly’s top 10 summer songs below, and then click here to give her complete summer playlist a listen.
- Duke Dumont – Need U (100%) feat. A*M*E
- Daft Punk – Get Lucky
- ColeCo – Emotions
- Vampire Weekend – Diane Young
- Disclosure- You and Me featuring Eliza Doolittle
- Chris Malinchak- So Good To Me
- Fleetwood Mac- Dreams (Walter Sobcek Remix)
- Lee Foss Featuring Anabel Englund Reverse Sky Diving
- CHVRCHES – Recover
- Parachute Youth – Can’t Get Better Than This
What song reminds you of the beginning of summer?
I’m always looking for more new music suggestions.
P.S. Don’t forget to follow DJ Jilly Hendrix on Twitter @JillyHendrix!
Photo: Pink Preppy Lilly Lover