Packing up your beauty essentials and toiletries for a trip is truly a science. Let’s be honest here—who hasn’t had a lotion explode on them at least once? Well today I am going to dish my best beauty packing tips and spotlight three of my favorite travel kits from my XO(eco) collection of sustainable travel cases for BlueAvocado …
Pro Packing Tips
- Pre-organize. Compartmentalize your goods by separating types of makeup, toiletries, and hair accessories into different cases and baggies. This will make navigating your bag much easier!
- Separate liquids. Take all liquid products and put them into a reusable plastic baggie. That way if something spills, it won’t get everything in your suitcase.
- Protect your powder compacts. To ensure powder compacts arrive in one piece, put them into a baggie with beauty sponges placed on either side or wrap them up with a few tissues to help absorb the shock of being tossed around when travelling.
- Beware of loose brushes. Pack you beauty brushes into a separate plastic bag. These reusable baggies from my XO(eco) collection are big enough for brushes to lay flat and vertically so they don’t get bent or damaged during transit.
- Snuggle up! If you can, it’s best to pack your cosmetic cases in your carry-on. However, if you can’t stash them in your carry-on, be sure to sandwich your beauty bags between washable items, like socks and pajamas, just in case you have some spillage.
For toiletries… I use my XO(eco) Beauty Kit where I keep deodorant, my toothbrush, toothpaste, tweezers, hair goodies, sunscreen, soaps etc. I love this case because it folds up flat, which is ideal for packing.
For makeup… I don’t leave home without my XO(eco) Brush Boxe. It’s the perfect size for all my makeup, plus there is a section for my specialty makeup brushes so they don’t get bent out of shape.
For curling/flat irons… I rely on my XO(eco) Hot Iron Cover. I don’t know what I’d do without it. It’s great because I can use my curling iron right before heading out the door since I can pack it right up without giving second thought to it causing any damage to the other items in my suitcase. If you’re a gal on the go, this is a must.
Do you have any tried and true tips when it comes to packing your beauty essentials? Share them below!
Also, if you’re going away for the weekend be sure to read my post about packing for a trip!