If you’ve done my 7 Days to Skinny Jeans challenge or my Bikini Boot Camp, then I think you’re really going to love my Get Fit Quick Plan to help shed those unwanted pounds you may have piled on over the holidays. (Admit it, keeping your paws out of the cookie jar was nearly impossible over the holidays. And I’m guilty as charged!) Without further ado, here is my plan to cleanse myself of my winter sugar coma and get back to feeling fit and healthy… Will you join me?
My Get Fit Quick Plan
- Like my other plans, this is a lifestyle change so don’t think of it as a diet. The goal here is to feel good and look great.
- Stay focused and remind yourself daily of why you want to get fit and healthy! Flex that willpower.
- Drink lots of water. Aim to drink an ounce for every pound you weigh.
- As soon as you wake up, have some lemon water. Try to do this at least 3 times a week. (If you do it every single day, it can make your teeth a bit sensitive.)
- Pick one exercise from the “Exercise Options” list to do every day (save one day for rest).
- Do all of the exercises listed under “Everyday Exercises” list each day in addition to your selected workout.
- Pick one meal from each category for each day, in addition to one snack.
- To get your metabolism revving, give these tricks a try. Personally, I swear by green tea.
- My trainer, Jarett Del Bene, suggests this as well: “To help build lean muscle, incorporate protein after your workouts, such as Muscle Milk Light.”
The Off-Limits List
- No candy, baked goods, or ice cram. Ideally, no sugar!
- No soda or flavored drinks. Remember—water!
- No white bread.
- No fried foods. None!
- No eating 2-3 hours before bed. (Your body needs time to digest!)
- Any of the breakfast options from my 7 Days to Skinny Jeans Plan or Bikini Boot Camp are approved.
- Greek yogurt with a handful of berries, 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, and 1 tablespoon of slivered almonds
- Egg White Omelet
- Overnight Oats
- One slice of toast with two hard-boiled eggs and a side of grapefruit or pineapple
- Slim-Down Smoothie
- Protein Pancakes: Mix together ¼ cup egg whites, 1 small mashed up banana, 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (whey is good), 1 pinch of cinnamon, and 1 handful of berries. Cook like a normal pancake and top off with a drizzle of agave.
Lunch & Dinner Options
- Greek Salad with a side of grilled chicken, white fish, or tofu
- Honey Mustard Chicken served with a side salad
- Chickpea Salad
- Pita Pocket with a side of greens
- Salad greens with 1 cup of Spicy Quinoa
- Chicken sandwich with Avocado Salsa and a side of pineapple
- Detox Soup with a side of grilled chicken, white fish, or tofu
- Salmon Tacos (substitute the tortillas for lettuce and eat as a salad)
- Chicken Wrap with Mango, Basil, & Mint
- Grilled chicken, white fish, or tofu served with a side of steamed vegetables
- Easy Apricot Chicken with a side of quinoa (or millet) and steamed broccoli
- Spinach Swap Pasta
- Watermelon, Feta, & Mint Salad with a side of grilled chicken, white fish, or tofu
- Greek yogurt with chia seeds
- Crackers with a slide of avocado and a dollop of hummus
- Raw vegetables
- Raw coconut
- Celery with peanut butter
- All natural popcorn
- Sliced turkey rolled in lettuce with a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette
- Run for 30 minutes or powerwalk for 1-hour
- Alternate walking and sprinting for 60 seconds for 20 minutes
- 1 hour of yoga, kickboxing, Pilates, hiking, or spin
- 30-Minute Indoor Workout
- Any of the exercises from my 7 Days or Boot Camp plans
- Or give the following 30-minute Calorie Blast Workout a try:
- Try this workout my trainer, Jarett, put together called the 20×3 Workout (you will need a jump rope and 3-5 pound weights):
- 50 Bicycle Crunches
- Planks: 1 minute on forearms, 1 minute in pushup position, 1 minute on forearms and alternate raising each foot off the ground for 3 seconds, 1 minute transitioning between forearms and pushup position
- 50 arm curls with a 5 pound weight
If you follow this plan strictly for the next few weeks, you will definitely see some positive changes in your physique and overall health. Stay focused and buddy up, if you can. You can do this!
Get ready to get toned, healthy, and fit for 2013!
Are you going to give my Get Fit Quick Plan a try? Let me know in the comment below.
P.S. Click here to read about one of my favorite fitness tricks for staying on track.