This recipe is from our friends at Martha Stewart Living. Once a month we’ll share our favorite Martha Stewart Living recipe here on LaurenConrad.com for all of you to try. Today’s recipe is a sweet seasonal treat. Enjoy and happy cooking!
Fall is the time for all-things pumpkin and what better way to celebrate the season than cooking with such flavors? Here is a great dessert recipe that will satisfy all your pumpkin needs this year!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted, plus 1/4 cup, room temperature
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar, plus more for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, melted butter, and 1/4 cup heavy cream. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and whisk just until combined.
- Drop dough in 2-tablespoon mounds, 1 inch apart, onto two parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until tops of cookies spring back when gently pressed, about 14 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer to wire racks and let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat room temperature butter, 1/2 cup cream, cocoa powder, and confectioners’ sugar on medium-high until fluffy, 2 minutes. Spread filling on flat side of half the cookies; sandwich with remaining cookies. To serve, dust with confectioners’ sugar.
Are you going to give this delicious recipe a try? Also, if you have a special pumpkin recipe, share it below or upload it to the Gallery for a chance to be featured on the site!
Special thanks to Martha Stewart Living for sharing this fabulous recipe with us today!
XO Team LC
Source: Everyday Food, November 2011