I just finished up my second full day at the shows. While it was as equally exhausting as the first day, the weather finally cooled off, which was really nice. Overall I had a great day and it was fun to see what the runways had in store… My first stop was the Lela Rose show.
I wore a pretty little brocade dress with embellished shoulders by Lela Rose with my black LC Lauren Conrad pumps and a mini Chanel quilted bag. Because the dress was so detailed, I kept the rest of my look a bit more subdued by pairing it with a simple bun, winged liner, and a neutral lip.
I really loved the Lela Rose show. She is an incredibly creative designer and I thought all of her looks were pretty and polished with interesting cuts and details. Here are a few snapshots from the show:
After the Lela Rose show, I headed back to my hotel. I had a quick bite to eat and then changed into a new outfit for the Tracy Reese show.
Here I’m wearing a Tracy Reese dress with my LC Lauren Conrad pumps (honestly, these heels are most versatile pair of shoes I own). Since I was in a time crunch, I kept my hair in a bun and added a few coats of nail polish to compliment the deep green hue of the new dress.
In case you’re wondering, I’m wearing this green nail polish from American Apparel…
Then I was off to the Lincoln Center for the Tracy Reese show!
Once I got to the show, I took some photos and did a couple of interviews (this is what makes these shows so exhausting…lots of questions to answer!). Below is a shot of me talking shop about my nail polish…
Finally, it was show time. The best part. I took my seat and enjoyed the show…
The Tracy Reese spring collection felt fun, fresh, and youthful while still having a sophisticated edge. I particularly loved all of the mixed prints and bright colors.
After Tracy Reese, I hurried back to my hotel for a night of rest and writing.
As promised, I said I would answer one of your questions from the comments of my last Fashion Week Diary post, so here goes… Today’s question comes from LaurenConrad.com member Beverly Frazier. Beverly asked, “I want to know how we can watch Fashion Week live… [Also], what’s the best way to get updates and see [photos]?”
Great question Beverly! There are quite a few ways you can follow Fashion Week from afar while staying up to date on everything. Here are my top five suggestions:
- Watch on YouTube! Click here to see a lineup of shows that you can stream live on your computer. If you don’t see your favorite designer listed, be sure to check their website since many brands are now streaming their runway shows there as well.
- Follow on Twitter. For updates and exclusive photos, check out what’s trending under #NYFW and be sure to follow your favorite designers for updates and photos. Other great accounts to follow: @WomensWearDaily, @NYFW and @CNFashion.
- Find Photos. The best places to find photos of each look that struts down the catwalk at Fashion Week is to check websites like Style.com and Vogue.com.
- Get on Instagram. Be sure to follow your favorite fashionistas and designers on Instagram just as you do on Twitter for all the latest updates and most recent photos.
- Tumble! Tumblr is also showcasing live NYFW coverage. Click here to check it out.
Thanks again for the great question Beverly! And I hope everyone is enjoying all of our Fashion Week coverage.
What’s your favorite collection so far?