Hey ladies! Team LC here. Now that fall fashion is on the horizon, we figured it would be a great time to spotlight a few of our favorite trends from Fall Fashion Week 2012! As you may know, Team LC took to the streets of New York for Fall Fashion Week so over these next few weeks we will be sharing more exclusive photographs and tales from our adventures behind the runway. We’ll also be giving you some helpful tips to make revamping your wardrobe for fall fun and not stressful. Since we know that many of you fashionable ladies might be thinking about back to school shopping or restocking your work wardrobe as the season turns, here a few of our favorite trends to take note of when replenishing your closet:
- Ankle Straps! From Mary Janes to classic T-straps, this buckled style is making a major comeback for fall. Also of note–pointed pumps. We particularly loved this muted gold pair that we saw at the Alice + Olivia presentation. C’est chic!
- Military Inspired. Attention! The army look is here to stay so unpack those double-breasted jackets, belted coats, and camo-green cardigans because this look, as seen on the Burberry Prorsum fall runway, is back with a vengeance.
- Retro Glamour. We are suckers for classic, old Hollywood opulence so you can imagine our love-struck expressions when Jenny Packham debuted her 40s-inspired fall collection… Drooling. Take the trend to the streets by rocking a deep red lip and a shimmery slip dress with your favorite costume jewelry.
- Sided Dresses. We don’t know how so many designers got the memo on this trend, but it seems that this figure-flattering look is IN for fall. Consider it confirmed. So stock up on black side-trimmed tops, pants and dresses to get this super-slimming look. This style was seen on the runways of 3.1 Phillip Lim (photo below), Stella McCartney, Cynthia Rowley, and Jason Wu. Do you love it?
- Tango On! 2012′s Color of the Year, Tangerine Tango, continues to dance its way through 2012 right onto the fall runways. The shade was featured everywhere from Prada and BCBG to J.Crew and Vera Wang. We particularly loved this citrus hued mini we spotted at the Rebecca Minkoff show… (Thank goodness we stocked up on so much tangerine this spring!)
- Be a Lady. We adore all of the feminine, frilly fashions we spotted at many of our favorite shows, namely Tory Burch (photo below), Oscar de la Renta, and Marc by Marc Jacobs. Be sure to pile up on ladylike staples like pencil skirts, chiffon trimmed tops and top-handle bags. Not only are these items classic staples, but they’re trendy now too! Double plus.
- Go Great Gatsby. First, let us say that we couldn’t be more excited about the upcoming Gatbsy movie. Leo + Carey + Toby–need we say more? Movie aside, it was clear that designers were inspired by Daisy B. and the Roaring Twenties. Dropped waistlines, tiered fringe, and intricate chiffon frocks were a common theme for fall. We especially loved this look right off the Tadashi Shoji runway:
- Max Out. Don’t pack up that summer maxi just yet–they are here to stay! Go for a lovely layered look with your favorite maxi come fall like this stunning look by Rebecca Taylor. (Don’t you just love the idea of dark sparkles for fall? Hauntingly lovely…)
- Remember Geometry? Geometric lines, silhouettes and patterns were amongst the most popular trends spotted during fall fashion week. While most designers presented this trend in either black and white or bold colorful combinations, we really loved how BCBG showcased it in a more neutral palette in the look below:
- White Out! When most people think about fall fashion, dark, ominous colors typically come to mind. Well ladies, time to hit reset because droves of designers featured head-to-toe, monochromatic whitewashed looks for fall. This look was spotted on the runways of Alexander Wang and Proenza Schouler to Derek Lam, The Row and even Chanel (so you know it’s a trend). Our favorite winter-white look from our jaunts through NY Fashion Week was this lovely look we spotted at Cynthia Rowley… So crisp, so clean! (What can we say, we are suckers for LWDs here.)
It’s safe to say that one of our favorite things about all of these fall fashions is the fact that you don’t really have to splurge on too many new pieces to update your look for fall. Most of these trends were introduced to us as early as last fall (tangerine, maxis, ladylike looks, military styles). So don’t pack up your entire summer wardrobe come fall. Wear it! Just be sure to layer your summery goods with a cute coat, tights and a darker bag.
Which fall runway trend are you most looking forward to?
We cannot wait to buy our first sided dress…!
XO Team LaurenConrad.com