This recipe is from our friends at Martha Stewart Living. Once a month we’ll share our favorite Martha Stewart Living recipe here on LaurenConrad.com for all of you to try. Today’s recipe is a bright and minty dish that’s perfect for making ahead of time to pack in your lunch!
For the Chicken
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 shallot
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 12 ounces total)
For the dressing
- 1/2 shallot
- 1/2 mango, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 4 lavash breads (3 1/2 ounces each)
- 1/2 mango, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick spears
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Make the chicken: Finely chop garlic and shallot in a food processor. Add basil and oil, and process until mixture forms a coarse paste. Stir in salt and cinnamon, and season with pepper. Make a few shallow 1/2-inch slits on both sides of chicken; rub all over with the basil mixture. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake chicken until cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely, then shred into small pieces; set aside.
- Make the dressing: Finely chop shallot in the clean bowl of the food processor. Add mango, and process until smooth. Add the lime juice and cayenne, and process until combined.
- Assemble wraps: Spread about 1/4 cup mango dressing in center of each lavash. Top with chicken, mango, and herbs. Roll up diagonally to form a cone. Wraps can be refrigerated, wrapped in parchment and plastic, up to 4 hours.
Are you going to give this recipe a try?
We gave it a go last week and brought it into the office the next day for lunch. It was so good! And healthy too.
Special thanks to Martha Stewart Living for sharing this fabulous recipe with us today!
XO Team LaurenConrad.com
Source: Martha Stewart Living, September 2006