Last fall I shared a recipe for Chipotle Pumpkin Soup from LaurenConrad.com member, Julia Longueville, who runs a delightful foodie blog called, Hazelnut. A few weeks ago, Julia uploaded a new recipe to her profile page and I couldn’t resist sharing it: Baked Tofu Rolls. Julia describes the rolls as follows:
These are insanely healthy. Packed with low-fat protein and tons of veggies, they are great for giving you some energy mid-day without weighing you down! Easily sub in chicken or just make all veggie if you aren’t a tofu fan. Any way you make them, these are a hit!
Without further ado, here is Julia’s recipe:
Baked Tofu Summer Rolls
Makes 2 rolls
Ingredients for the rolls
- 2 large rice paper wrappers
- 1 cup baked tofu
- 1 cucumber, cut into thin spears
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup shaved carrots
Instructions for the rolls
- Using two hands, run the rice papers under running warm water, one at a time, until pliable.
- Lay rice paper on cutting board and fill with 1/2 of ingredients.
- Fold paper in at ends, then one side, and finish by rolling (like a burrito).
- Cut diagonally and enjoy with dipping sauce!
Ingredients for the dipping sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce (or any hot sauce)
- dash of red pepper flakes
Instructions for the dipping sauce
- Whisk together all ingredients with a fork.
What’s your favorite vegetarian dish?
Photo Credit: HazelnutBlog.com