Almost all of the skin products I use are Kate Somerville. I’m a total Somerville devotee. It’s been a long relationship and I’m committed. This is not to say there aren’t other amazing products out there though. Anyway, here is a breakdown of my daily skincare regime along with some wallet friendly alternatives to the products I personally use… and you’ll find out how to enter for a chance to win the same exact Kate Somerville skincare products I use!
In the morning I use an oil free moisturizer and some SPF 30. I prefer Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer, but based on your skin type you should be able to find a great alternative at your local drugstore that is perfect for you.
At night, I wash my face with Kate Somerville Gentle Daily Wash using a Clarisonic brush. A Clarisonic is a professional-grade skincare brush, which thoroughly cleans your skin. It’s excellent for removing makeup and clearing out your pores. Also, it allows your skincare products to absorb better because the brush cleanses your skin so well.
Once a week, I use ExfoliKate Gentle, which is an exfoliating treatment to keep my skin fresh. It’s on the expensive side, but it works wonders and doesn’t leave my skin feeling raw or over-dried (definitely worth it). A great budget-friendly alternative is Borba Age Defying Cleansing Treatment–it’s gentle and leaves your skin feeling peachy clean. Then, before bed I apply Kate Somerville Deep Tissue Repair Cream. It’s a restorative moisturizer that repairs and prevents wrinkles (thank goodness for recent innovations in beauty). Another excellent night cream is Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream. It’s less expensive and I’ve heard rave reviews about the stuff.
The last part of my skincare routine is something I like to do every other month: I get a facial. As you might have guessed, I get mine done at Kate Somerville. I highly recommend getting a facial if you can afford the luxury. It’s a lovely and relaxing experience, but it can get pricy. Thankfully, there are plenty of spa-worthy and wallet-friendly products on the market that are perfect for DIY at-home facials. (Maybe I’ll do a post about this?)
Anyway, now for the good stuff…
Want to win a beauty bag filled with all of my favorite Kate Somerville products?
The beauty bag will include the same exact Kate Somerville products I use: Gentle Daily Wash, ExfoliKate Gentle, Oil Free Moisturizer, Deep Tissue Repair Cream. And everything will come in a cute little Kate Somerville bag too!
Plus, one lucky winner will score a Clarisonic (value of $250) in addition to the beauty bag filled with my favorite Kate Somerville products! (I want to win this!)
Here’s how to enter:
- Follow: You must be following me on Twitter, @LaurenConrad.
- Comment: Leave 1 comment below with your Twitter handle & link to your favorite blog that I’ve posted.
- Wait: Sit back and relax… I will announce the winners on Monday, September 5th.
UPDATE: We have our winners! Congrats to LaurenConrad.com members Einna and Mahoor Yazdani! And our grand prize winner is LaurenConrad.com member Lauren Gillespie! Our team will be contacting you ladies today regarding your prizes! Congrats again and thanks to everyone who participated!
P.S. Here’s the small print about the giveaway…
- You must be a registered LaurenConrad.com member to enter. Learn how to sign up by clicking here.
- This contest is open to everyone (including international members).
- Winners will be contacted via private message to their LaurenConrad.com inbox and by email. If our team does not hear back within 24 hours, a new winner will be selected in your place.
- This giveaway ends at midnight PST on September 4th.
- Kate Somerville was kind enough to provide me with free products to giveaway to you guys! (Thanks so much to everyone at Kate Somerville for making this possible!!) This is not a sponsored giveaway in any way.